The ultimatum of the groups of the Resistance to the occupying regime

Although Israel lost the face-to-face meeting on May 4 and 5 after 36 hours, it would seem that it is ready to relive a new defeat. Indeed, the attack that began at the end of last week must have been more significant than those that have taken place over the past ten years. But as soon as Israeli planes began to launch raids on planned targets in Gaza, dozens of missiles began to rain on Israeli settlements and towns in the south. In 36 hours, the Palestinians launched nearly 700 missiles, some with an average range of 40 km. 65 per cent of these missiles reached their targets, despite the Israeli-American protection shield which, in principle, is intended to intercept them. In fact, the Palestinians later stated that they found a way to neutralize the protective shield (called the “steel vault”) by launching several missiles at the same time, which reduces the effectiveness of the interception.

The Badr-3 missile and the Kornet missiles, widely used by the Resistance, were therefore the highlight of the 36 hours of clashes that provoked internal controversy in Israel, with a flood of criticism addressed to the Zionist Prime Minister both by Benny Gantz and Yair Lapid’s Blue White Party MPs and by others from Likud (such as Gideon Saer). Moreover, according to the Israeli media, during the cabinet meeting on Sunday, many voices were raised to demand an end to this offensive. It would appear that the Chief of Staff, General Aviv Kochavi, and the Chief of Shin Bet, Nadav Argaman, were very firm in calling for a ceasefire because, in their view, “the internal front” is not ready for a major operation. Indeed, the 36 hours of conflict would have been a test by the Israeli Prime Minister and it should have been conclusive. The military balance of power is no longer in favour of the Israelis.

The spokesman for the Palestinian Islamic Resistance movement, Hamas, Abdul-Latif al-Qanou, warned Israel against any delay in the implementation of the truce.

In an exclusive interview with Al-Aqsa Radio from Gaza, the Palestinian Resistance warned the Israeli regime against any delay in the implementation of the articles of the recently established ceasefire agreement between Israelis and Palestinians.

“The head of Hamas’ political office Ismail Haniyeh insisted last Thursday in a telephone conversation with the UN Special Envoy for the Middle East Peace Process, Nikolai Miladinov, on the process of implementing the agreements reached in the wake of the Egyptian delegation’s efforts,” Abdul-Latif al-Qanou added.

The Hamas spokesman said that the Qatari brothers’ statement on their latest aid to the Gaza Strip was a significant step towards the beginning of the implementation of the ceasefire agreement and that the Palestinian people would feel the effects of the implementation of certain truce clauses with the Israeli regime and meetings with some mediators in two days.

“We and other Palestinian groups will monitor the behaviour of the occupying regime. We are in the assessment phase of the situation on the ground and the Zionist regime has no choice but to respect its commitments to these agreements,” he said.

The spokesman for the Palestinian Resistance made it clear that the March of the Great Return would continue in Gaza. “Our people are showing resistance and a willingness to resist until the occupying regime commits to implement all agreements,” he said, shattering Israel’s hopes of being able to provoke dissension within the Resistance between Islamic Jihad and Hamas and thus weakening the adversary for the next round of conflict. The HQ formed on 4 and 5 May in Gaza, from which anti-Israeli operations have been launched, will no longer weaken but will be strengthened.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *